Friday, March 14, 2008

Day #1 in my road to success

Wow! My first blog ever and my first post. So here it goes....
There's a lot on my mind right now but I will dedicate this post to try and explain A) Why I decided to even create a blog for myself and B) What will the blog be about.

I will start with B. Just a little bit about myself first.
I am 25 married and have one beautiful child. I'm studying for my B.A. in Computer Science and also working full time in a Hi-tech company as a QC Engineer.

Back in May, 2005 I was searching around the Internet for some thing a long the lines of "how to make money online" (sounds familiar?). I stumbled upon this website which introduced - for $39.99 - the concept of AdWords and Affiliate Marketing. This was my first encounter with Affiliate Marketing . I recall the information not really being so clear about the whole thing and a short time after that I landed on
Google Cash. This was what really brought me in to Affiliate Marketing . Since May of that year I've been trying this out on and off and never with really much success. I did make some money but never in the way that I felt like I was really learning the art of Affiliate Marketing . I was always just following instructions and slapping up AdWords campaigns. The concept of reaching out to millions if not billions of people fascinates me. The ability to analyze people's habits was just an incredible idea to me. But for some reason I could not stick to it. In a later post I will try and explain why I think I failed time and time again.

About a day or two ago - during the course of "trying Affiliate Marketing just yet again" - I came across the Millionaire In PJ's. And this guy really inspired me. Although he has much more time than I do and seams to have a lot of marketing knowledge (at the age of 22) he showed me that starting now in 2008 is still realistic for Affiliate Marketing . You might have to work harder but it is doable.


So the theme of this blog is going to be about me and my Internet Marketing experience. I want to try and document here every thing I can about my journey to success. I must admit, that although I had an idea like this for a while now, I was inspired by the Millionaire In PJ's to actually take action. This blog is for me more than for any one else. I want to be able to express my thoughts. And stay focused and organized in this heavy task I took upon my self.

As you can probably guess time is not a luxury for me between work, school and family. But I will try and squeeze what ever time I have for this task.

I need to set goals but need to be realistic too. My goal now is to generate profit of $1000/mo within six months from now. So by Sep 30, 2008 I want to be making $1000 a month from Internet Marketing. And the way to do that is to start with baby steps and smaller goals.

In my next post I will lay out the skills that I think an Affiliate Marketer has to master in order to succeed.


Great weekend to you all,
Amishosh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck, Champ!