Saturday, March 15, 2008

Required Skills For This Journey

The title isn't completely accurate...It should really say "Required Skills that need to be acquired during This Journey in order to make it a successful one" - but it is way too long and not as catchy :)

In short what I want to list here are the skills that I'm going to need to master in order to be a successful Affiliate Marketer. The way I see it (now) the skills are divided into two categories:


  • Technical skills

  • "Emotional" skills

In the Technical category I believe the following areas need to be studied and with time even mastered:


Copy write: An Affiliate Marketer has to be able to pre-sell. In other words, "warm up" and prepare the potential buyer to actually buy.
Ad copy: Since I believe one of the fastest way to get started with a product is through PPC, this will probably be my main focus for advertising. So knowing the ins and outs about Ad copy is going to be a necessary skill for me to obtain.
Keyword research: Once again a MUST for any webmaster who wishes to promote his website through search engines. This skill is required for both the Paid Search (PPC) and Natural Search optimization.
Identifying profitable markets: This is the ability to recognize a market to be profitable. Many times, however, this is done only with trial an error.
Track & Analyze: Knowing how to track your performance, and then analyzing the results, is one of the things that the "big guys" can't stop stressing how important it is. Many Affiliate Marketers fail and give up because of this important step.


These are the skills that I believe every Affiliate Marketer needs to acquire and eventually master in order to be successful. I summed up each skill in 2 sentences but the fact is I can write 100 posts (OK maybe I'm exaggerating - but you get the point) on each topic. Although I probably won't write so many posts on each one, but I am planning on dedication at least some posts on each of these important topics.


I don't claim to be an experienced Affiliate Marketer, but I did read a lot of material from people who are. And I need to organize the information I read, because already I feel like I'm suffering from what is called "Information Overload".


On the second group of skills I will elaborate in another post.


See ya...

No comments: