All the pros talk about learning from your mistakes. It always bothered me that I don't think I learn from my mistakes.
I'm excited today because I think I found a mistake and I think I learnt something from it. I decided to go with the approach of waiting for 400/500 clicks on campaign to asess it's profitability. I put up two campaigns so far. One of them has 120 keywords. Since April 8 I got 150 clicks on this campaign with a CTR of 2.5%. It's just taking forever to reach that 400 clicks goal.
So I think when I start a campaign I need to set myself a goal for a minimum amount of keywords. That amount should be significant - Say 500-1000. I'll have to look into this.
A way to do that is to follow Amit's advice to start with breadth keyword research.
I'm getting the impressions so I need to improve CTR:
- By making sure I'm higher than the 8th position
- Perhaps Improving ad copy and the like (not sure about this one yet)
These steps should probably help me reach that 400 clicks goal much sooner.
Good luck
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment