So, one of the things I was going to try and figure out in my current journey is why I failed in the past.
One of the things I thin I did wrong was spend way too much time on web design, and looks of my website. Also, I think I was so eager to start that I just bought my self a hosting plan and a domain without even having anything to really promote yet.
This time around I think I learnt my lesson. I found myself wondering around the internet looking for a good hosting plan. I just want to get started. Be live already. I was going to purchase a two months hosting plan, just to make sure I will stick to it. But I realized "why start my plan now when I am not ready to go live yet with a product???".
So I caught myself and started focusing on what REALLY matters in Affiliate Marketing with PPC. That is Keyword research, writing a pre-sell letter and so on. Another I found was that it was very interesting to me to get the information for the potential searcher. To actually try and educate him and warm him up for a sale. I remember when starting with a website before keywords and landing page material, I always felt so pressured to get it up. I did not give enough time and effort to the pre-selling stage.
So my lesson for myself is:
Focus on the important things for the business and do not get side tracked and distracted with non important things. Or things I can have some one do for me.
Another side effect of this is, as I said, I found myself more patient to actually read the sales letters and understand the benefits of the product and try to give them over. This is very interesting work to me, and somehow now the money is less of importance.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
One Mistake I Made...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment